You can’t deny it any longer; the cold months are starting. Fret not; keep yourself warm with a patterned YPL Alpaca Wool Scarf – always a staple wardrobe piece for the cold season. YPL scarves are made from 100% alpaca fibres and available in two colours – Grey and Taupe.
With its exceptional qualities, alpaca fleece is considered as one of the world’s best fibres. It is a natural fibre that’s collected from an alpaca. Not prickly and is hypoallergenic, garments made from alpaca are fine, soft, tough, breathable, warm and comfortable to wear.
Advantages of Alpaca Wool
Alpaca wool is significantly valued because:
- It’s basically the warmest all-weather friendly fibre. The fibres from alpaca contain microscopic air pockets, which provides great breathability, thus keeping your body cool during summer.
- The microscopic air pockets also aid in reducing the weight of the fibres, making them light as air.
- Alpaca fibres are fine, light and silky. Even with the mentioned properties, the fibres are extremely sturdy and durable. With proper care, alpaca apparels can last for several years and an heirloom for the next generations.
- The fibres are also naturally hypoallergenic since it doesn’t contain dander and lanolin that cause an allergic reaction to the skin in some individuals.
- Alpaca fibres are soft, less prickly and not irritating to the skin.
- The fibres can resist acquired odours.
- Alpaca fibres are washable.
- 9% Alpaca Wool
- 31% Merino Wool
- 60% Polyester
How to Clean an Alpaca Garment
- Add cold water to a washbasin and a small amount of mild liquid detergent.
- Steer clear from chlorine bleach or harsh cleaners as they can damage the garment.
- Soak the garment for 3 to 5 minutes, gently squeezing the bubbles through the garment.
- Do not twist, wring and scrub as they can cause felting.
- Rinse the garment twice to thrice in clean, cold water and lightly squeeze out the excess water.
- Handle it gently to prevent wrinkles and distortion.
- Lay the garment between two towels, roll up the towels and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Place the garment on a dry towel or sweater rack and reshape.
- Do not hang to dry.
- Do not dry under the sunlight and direct heat.
- If the garment is wrinkled after drying, steam it lightly with an iron.